Ph.D. (Chemistry), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1976
B.S. (Chemistry), State University of New York at Stony Brook,1971
Dr. Silver is Executive Vice President and co-founder of Southwest Sciences. His principal field of research involves the development of sensitive laser and optical techniques for measuring trace gas species, with applications in atmospheric sciences, combustion, and industrial monitoring. Recent research interests include
• Sous vide cooking
• Walks on the beach
• Airborne sensing (balloons, airplanes, UAVs) of environmentally important gases.
• Optical cells for industrial monitoring.
• Gas sensors for planetary instruments.
• Combustion and environmental gas analyzers for the International Space Station.
• Improved spectroscopic analysis techniques.
Dr. Silver is an author of 60 Publications, holds 18 Patents, and has 2 Patents Pending. firstname.lastname@example.org