Ph.D. (Chemistry), University of California, Irvine (2007)
B. S. (Chemistry), University of California, Irvine (2000)
Dr. Gomez joined the staff at Southwest Sciences as a Senior Research Scientist in July 2010. From 2007 to 2010 he was a postdoctoral researcher at Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore. In 2007, he recieved his PhD in Physical Chemistry at the University of California, Irvine.
Dr. Gomez's interests include:
- Temperature and pressure insensitive isotope ratio measurements
- Resonant optical cavity techniques for high sensitivity measurements of gases and liquids
- Fiber-optic based sensing
- Selective ionization of carbonaceous and metal oxide aerosols
- Development of efficient charged particle traps, micro balances, and mobility separators
- Photochemistry of organic aerosols
Dr. Gomez is an author of 10 publications and has 1 patent pending.